Easy Science experiment to do with kids or your friends. All you need is 3 Matches, a box, and a fire extinguisher (just incase). Watch and see what happens!
This is a dangerous experiment because of fire! You MUST have ADULT SUPERVISION!
To make a match leviate and raise in the air.
- 3 Matches
- Match Box (small box)
- Adult Supervision
- Step 1: Make sure you have adult supervision
- Step 2: Put match #1 vertically straight in a box. The head of the match should be facing upwards.
- Step 3: Rest match #2 diagonally on match #1
- Step 4: Light match # 3
- Step 5: Using your lit match #3, light the flint of match #2.
- Step 6: Watch to see match #2 levitate
- Step 7: Blow it out, and through it in the sink. (to make sure you dont burn down your house!)
When both of the matches ignite at the same time it makes them fuse and go together and causing the match to curl up. The fire is hotter at the top because of the match head. This makes the top shrink and go smaller and then the second one bends!